Join Invista as a R&D Technologist where you'll be a member of a collaborative research team taking direction from one or more scientists to develop, execute, analyze, and document bench scale experimental processes to achieve research program goals.
The capabilities of this role include constructing, operating, troubleshooting, and maintaining lab scale reaction equipment and performing the necessary analytical functions to analyze, report, and document experimental results.
Laboratory skills needed for success in this role involve sample analysis (sample preparation, separation, derivatization, etc.), technical writing, and execution of analytical methods. Instrumentation skills could include the operation of Gas Chromatography (GC), Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), and other laboratory instruments in support of these lab scale reaction systems.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Constructing, troubleshooting, and maintaining lab scale reaction equipment and apparatus (glass vessels and columns, autoclaves, heat exchange systems, pumps, etc.)
- Sampling and performing routine chemical analysis, including common analytical instruments such as Gas Chromatography (GC) and Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), in support of these lab scale reaction systems
- Writing detailed procedures for safe and proper operation of such equipment.
- Using appropriate experimental techniques for manipulating air and moisture sensitive materials (Schlenk line and/or glove box techniques)
- Maintain written documentation of experiments and data, providing preliminary statistical analysis of data and interpretation of experimental results, and preparing written reports. Must be capable of summarizing data and making recommendations for achieving experimental goals.
- Following prescribed safe work practices for handling chemicals in use and operation of reaction equipment and related systems (laboratory operations may involve handling highly flammable, corrosive and toxic chemicals such as hydrogen, hydrogen cyanide, ammonia, carbon monoxide, nitriles, amines, etc.).
- Work in a team environment where analytical methods, equipment, and procedures are developed in a collaborative environment.
- Communicate the value created from experimental results.
The Experience You Will Bring
- BS or MS in Chemistry
- Basic laboratory skills such as pipetting, weighing, diluting, mixing, and transferring chemicals are a must for this role.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time and regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds
- Able to wear ALL required PPE which can include safety glasses, hearing protection, goggles, hard hats, FRC, acid suits, respirators and encapsulated per the Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2 years of industrial laboratory experience with quantitative sample preparation, Gas Chromatic Graph, Liquid Chromatic Graph
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf