Applications Development Engineering Intern
INVISTA (Canada) Company’s Kingston Site located in Kingston, Ontario has an opening for an Applications Development Engineering Intern. It is one of the city’s largest employers with over 700 employees dedicated to the production of quality products used in the automotive airbag, carpet fiber, and engineering polymer industries. As part of Spinning organization, you will have the opportunity to leverage INVISTA’s data assets - thousands of sources and billions of records from across our operations – to improve the organization’s reliability and operational performance.
This isn’t your average internship. At Kingston Site we believe employees create exceptional value for our shareholders and customers through high quality products that save and enrich lives. We do this through the strength and capabilities of our people and the application of new ideas and technology. We are looking for motivated and talented people who will help us meet the challenge of leading rapid experimentation, pursuing continuous innovation and creating long-term value for customers and society. INVISTA is an independently managed but wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc, one of the largest privately held companies in the world with a presence in nearly 60 countries. This opening is for an 8-month intern, starting November 2021 through July 2022.
To thrive in our Market Based Management® culture, you must show initiative, be results driven, and have excellent communication, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills. Above all you must ensure that all your activities are carried out with integrity and in a safe and efficient manner.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with a cross-functional team such as Operations and Engineering to develop and deploy applications to contextualize data and help various operations teams prioritize work based on value creation
- Work with the end-users and the project team to define requirements and develop functional specifications
- Ability to collect requirements for the data integration of process control systems/equipment and develop the appropriate user interface as required
- Lead in the development, installation, and start-up of applications at Kingston site
- Train, lead and provide guidance to operations resources on newly developed applications
- Analyze large data sets to generate knowledge systems that present actionable information.
- Document test work through reports and program review presentations.
- Demonstrates initiative of a Principled Entrepreneur, who challenges the status quo, prioritizes activities based on risk and value, is solution-oriented, and meets deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, contributing positively in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to ongoing learning and developing new skills
- A willingness to embrace and live the core values of Market Based Management®
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate of a University Engineering degree program
- Strong interest in manufacturing, industrial automation, and modern technologies for operational efficiency
- Technical knowledge and experience with one or more industrial software products and solutions such as OSISoft, Aspentech, and DCS/PLC
- Proven ability to work independently, set goals, and achieve milestones with minimal direction
Do you enjoy discovering a better future state? Are you motivated by seeing the results of your work in the end-product? Do you want to learn more about the INVISTA experience? Watch this!
INVISTA is one of the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon applications. We deliver exceptional value for our customers through market insights, technological innovations, and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks.
Our Guiding Principles – Integrity, Respect, Humility, Knowledge, Self-actualization, Principled Entrepreneurship, Stewardship & Compliance, and Transformation – define the INVISTA culture. If those words are in your DNA, then please submit your resume via the application link.