Area HR Generalist
Georgia Pacific has an opportunity for an Area HR Generalist to work in partnership with supervisors and employees within our plywood and lumber division. This role will be part of the team who serves multiple manufacturing sites with the expectation to flow to the work as needed.This position will be key in moving us along in our HR transformation journey. While learning the business, your contribution will be at an HR generalist level for your first year to year-and-a-half with primary focus in recruiting. As our model transforms, your contribution will shift to a full HR business partner role helping our employees and supervisors create value in our MBM® culture through transformation and delivery of our HR services.
The selected individual for this position will have some flexibility regarding their home location with preference for them to live in close proximity to one of the sites supported. If the selected candidate is not site based, the position can be considered remote with frequent travel to plants.This role is not eligible to be worked remotely from Colorado.
Locations needing support are located in Georgia, Alabama, Texas and Arkansas. If not based near a site, travel will be up to 50%.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Advancing Our Talent Position
- Develop strategies to source, attract, recruit, and select high-quality candidates for hourly roles in our Plywood and Lumber operations
- Work with Hiring Managers and HR Partners to develop an understanding of the department environment, strategy and talent profiles needed to support our manufacturing locations
- Conduct in-depth screens and assess potential candidates for level of interest and qualifications
- Provide an exceptional candidate experience throughout the selection process including interviews and new hire onboarding
- Partner with various capability teams and staffing agencies to improve our talent position
- Own hourly staffing: forecasting, staffing plan execution, onboarding effectiveness, and maintain electronic employee files
Building Our Culture & Business Partnerships
- Build credibility and trust with the workforce and leaders.
- Understand and apply MBM® to coach employees and supervisors.
- Develop business acumen to understand key drivers of business performance and support delivering results.
- Drive innovation in HR functions and processes. Support transformation efforts.
Deliver on Business Objectives
- Creating solutions that support/enable teams to deliver on business objectives.
- Thrives in a fast pace changing environment while meeting internal and external customer needs.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Periodically assist in other HR functions outside of recruiting
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to engage with operations and leadership team members.
- Self-motivated to embrace/define/drive continuous improvement in how you and the HR team serves the business.
- Results oriented person with excellent communication skills, initiative and personal accountability.
- Ability to challenge leaders, confident and well-versed in moving the facility along with the company's vision.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher OR equivalent work experience
- 2 years of either HR experience, recruiting, or training & development
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Previous experience in recruiting and selection
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf