This job posting is no longer active.
Flint Hills Resources is looking for an Operations Technician to join our team at our Product Terminals in Rosemount, MN.
As an Operations Technician, you and the operations team will have responsibilities for oversight of multiple local terminals with a range of products including asphalt, refined fuels, liquid fertilizer and propane. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to support the team as you manage small projects that are requested by your Terminal Manager. These may include, but are not limited to mechanical troubleshooting, pump maintenance, valve maintenance, testing of system safety devices, periodic inspections of tanks, valves, or piping. A general knowledge of pumps, valves (ball, gate, etc.), bulk storage terminal and pipeline operations, and/or rail operations will be an asset to you in this role. In this role you must be able to adapt to ever changing priorities, drive innovation and accept change, have strong time management and prioritization skills and have a willingness to learn. You are willing to be available for weekly rotational on-call during selected nights and weekends in the event of terminal or other system call outs. Rotation will depend on the number of personnel qualified.
In this role you must be able to adapt to ever changing priorities, drive innovation and accept change, have strong time management and prioritization skills and have a willingness to learn. Candidates should live within a 30 minute driving distance of Rosemount, MN.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Conducting facility rounds
- Training and interacting with truck drivers
- Troubleshooting equipment
- Conducting general preventable maintenance
- Taking product samples
- Maintaining cleanness of sites
- Rail loading/rail movement
- Working individually and/or as a team
- Small project management/execution
The Experience You Will Bring
- A valid driver's license
- Must be available for on-call rotation including nights, weekends & holidays
- Experience working with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- High school diploma or GED
- Willing and able to stand, sit, kneel, crouch, crawl, walk, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb and balance for up to 9 hours a day
- Willing and able to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (for example: hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, respirator, safety work boots, etc. as required)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Able to hear alarms and other sounds which may indicate a safety concern
- Able to communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers
- Willing and able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high, precarious places and work around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals with a respirator
- Willingness to adhere to facial hair policy
What Will Put You Ahead
- Mechanical and/or electrical work experience
- At least two (2) years of construction/maintenance experience in a storage terminal
- A two (2) year technical or mechanical degree
- Experience in a bulk storage terminal and/or pipeline operation
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.