Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Georgia-Pacific is now hiring motivated and detail-oriented individuals to join our team as an Electrical and Instrumentation Technician at our facility in Memphis, Tennessee.
$5,000 sign on bonus paid out on first paycheck!
The Georgia-Pacific Memphis, TN facility is a cotton converting plant. The product line includes chemical cellulose, custom fibers, and nonwoven materials. We are committed to meeting the needs of our customers in more than 75 countries worldwide with quality products, global logistics, and technical services.
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our consumer brands include Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, Vanity Fair®, and Dixie®. GP also has long been a leading supplier of building materials with such products as plywood, lumber and our recognizable DensGlass® yellow sheathing visible on new construction. Additionally, we are North America's leading supplier of containerboard and corrugated containers such as Color-Box & trade. Our recycling operation, GP Harmon, is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific employs approximately 40,000 people across North and South America. For more information, visit gp.com/careers.
What You Will Do In Your Role
A GP E&I Maintenance Technician is a member of a team that supports the operation and maintenance of Electrical, Instrumentation, PLC and DCS equipment. This position is a key resource to ensuring manufacturing operations run reliably and qualitatively. This position requires a Shelby County Tennessee Journeyman Electrical License of which the E&I Technician is expected to use the knowledge of the National Electric Code and NFPA70E to ensure that all electrical work is conducted safely and meets NEC and Shelby County, TN Electric Code requirements. E&I Technicians work as a team under the direct supervision of the E&I Department’s Planner and Scheduler. An E&I Technician’s schedule contains both straight dayshift Monday thru Friday and rotating shift schedules. An E&I Technician also carries ownership responsibilities for the health of equipment in prescribed process areas and is expected to be an owner/resident expert in prescribed E&I technologies. At the top of an E&I Technician’s responsibilities lies the overarching responsibility that every GP Employee has which is to be a Safety Leader.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations Include:
- DCS, PLC, HMI troubleshooting, repair, replacement and new install
- Conduit repair, replacement and new install
- Wire repair, replacement and new install
- Electrical equipment repair, replacement and new install
- Motor troubleshooting, replacement and new install
- AC & DC VSD troubleshooting, repair, replacement and new install
- Electrical circuit troubleshooting, repair, replacement and new install
- Instrumentation troubleshooting, calibration, replacement and new install
- Control Valve troubleshooting, calibration, replacement, rebuild and new install
- MCC starter troubleshooting, repair, replacement and new install
- Electrical Distribution Switchgear operation, troubleshooting, breaker replacement and PMs
- Operate HV switches
- Infrared scanning of energized equipment
- Controls Communication Networks troubleshooting, repair and replacement
- Troubleshoot production process problems using DCS, PLC and Process data software
- Support daily activities, i.e.: planned/scheduled E&I work and production response
- Support projects
- Support maintenance of all E&I documentation using various computer systems
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or GED required
- Successful completion of an electrical apprenticeship program such as that sponsored by the NECA and IBEW
- 4 years working as a Journeyman Electrician after completion of aforementioned apprenticeship
- Current holder of a Shelby County TN Journeyman Electrical license or attain within 6 months of hire date.
- NFPA 70E Trained
- PC and Smart Phone user
- Ambitious, lifelong learner, proactive, results driven and accountable
- Work well in a team environment
- Good communication skills
- Mobile Equipment Operator, eg; Forklift, Manlift, Utility Carts, etc.
- Experience, ability and commitment to set up, climb and work safely from ladders
- Must attain all GP N10 qualifications within 18 months of hire date
- Available and commitment to work overtime and call-ins to meet the needs of the business
- Commitment to honor GP electrical safe work practices and procedures
What Will Put You Ahead
- Worked as a Journeyman Electrician and Instrumentation Technician in a pulp and paper mill
- Current holder of a Shelby County TN Journeyman Electrical License
- Experience hands on with….
- Continuing education in the trades
- Instrumentation certification/s, ISA
- Experienced software user, e.g.: Proworx32, RSLogix5000, MS Office, other equipment manufacturer’s proprietary communication software, eg; Yaskawa & AB VFDs, GE Multilin
- Experience in a Preventive, Predictive, Planned and Scheduled maintenance environment
Low, medium and high voltage in an industrial manufacturing environment
1000-5000 kva liquid filled power transformers
Low and medium voltage motors and controls
Using and configuring Honeywell DCS systems
Using and programming Modicon and Allen Bradley PLCs
DCS and PLC integration and HMIs
Assembling and calibrating Neles Jamesbury, Fisher, Durco, etc., (control valves)
Instrumentation, eg; Transmitters - Pressure, Temperature, pH, Conductivity, ORP, Flow, Consistency, Brightness, Turbitity, Solids, etc.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com