Operator Technician - L&S
This job posting is no longer active.
Koch Fertilizer Enid is the largest Nitrogen Fertilizer Plant within Koch, and one of the largest in all of North America. We are seeking an Operator Technician to join our Loading and Storage team in Enid, Oklahoma.
Success in this role offers the opportunity for career advancement within all of Koch. As a Loading and Storage Operator, you will be responsible for the safe, effective, and efficient operations of the Koch Fertilizer Enid Loading and Storage assets as well as superior customer service. Our Operator Technicians are part of a strong and collaborative team that work together to operate the loading equipment and troubleshoot and repair any issues that may arise.
This position works a rotating 12-hour shift (5:45-6:00) and will occasionally need to respond to callouts and work overtime as needed. This position works outdoors in various weather conditions and on occasion the Operator Technicians will work at heights exceeding 100 feet.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operating control systems in the Loading & Storage areas of the facility
- Monitoring plant parameters and identify opportunities for correction and/or improvement
- Gathering samples and performing product tests to ensure quality
- Initiating daily inspections via automated forms in Go Canvas and walk down of critical equipment
- Performing minor maintenance on equipment
- Performing other tasks associated with safe production, storage, and transfer of the fertilizer products
- Collaborating as an effective team member to identify opportunities for improvement and success
- Leveraging technology and systems to gather and interpret critical data points to the daily operation of the Enid facility
- Interacting with trucking customers and the railroad for efficiency of loading resources
- Opportunity to build skills with the maintenance team where business needs and employee interest align
- Problem solve and communicate effectively across multiple levels of the organization: coworkers, management, support groups, etc.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the role
- Able to work rotating shifts, weekends, overtime, holidays as required and respond to call-outs
- Ability to be medically approved to participate in the respiratory protection and HAZWOPER programs
- Ability to wear PPE in designated areas
- Lift 30 lbs. from floor to waist
- Pushing and Pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Front Carry 20 lbs.
- Forward bend standing
- Standing and walking
- Low work including kneeling/squatting
- Sitting and rotation sitting
- Foot Controls and hand coordination
- Climb a ladder and stairs
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a process or manufacturing plant
- Experience operating heavy equipment (i.e. front-end loaders, etc.)
- Experience using technology to gather and interpret data and information relative to manufacturing systems
- Mechanical, welding, or electrical maintenance experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.