Assistant Machine Operator
Assistant Machine Operator
Start a new career with Georgia-Pacific, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Building Products and Consumer Products. We are hiring Assistant Machine Operators in our Mount Olive facility. After training, the sky is the limit! Successful trainees have the opportunity to move into Machine Operator roles on our many different pieces of equipment!
This is an entry level position starting at $17.50 to $22.00 per hour – (pay rate increase opportunities within 4 weeks as operators trained and develop new skills)
- Medical and dental benefits
- Life Insurance
- 401-K matching program
- Paid holidays – including floating holidays
- Paid vacation days
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Maintaining a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Helping to meet and exceed production, waste, and quality goals
- Troubleshooting and making minor machine adjustments
- Maintaining cleanliness in designated work area throughout shift
- Handling or assisting with all aspects of the machine’s daily production including setting-up, operating, maintaining production quality, and performing daily maintenance
- Work in an industrial environment that is hot, humid and noisy and work around dust grease, oil and other chemical substances
- Perform tasks such as lifting, up to 50 lbs., walking, climbing, pushing, twisting and stooping
- Ability to work on eight to twelve-hour shifts that may include weekends, holidays, overtime, and rotating shifts
What Will Put You Ahead
- 1 year of manufacturing, industrial, military or farming experience
- High school diploma, GED, OR 5 years of experience in a similar work environment
- Experience operating or troubleshooting machinery in a manufacturing or industrial setting
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience operating mobile equipment to include but not limited to unloaders and haul trucks
- Experience using a computer
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf