Flint Hills Resources is looking for an Operations Technician to join our team at our Asphalt plant in Green Bay, WI. As an Operations Technician you will work as part of a team to ensure the overall operation of the terminal including: receipt and shipment of raw materials and asphalt products, lab testing, inspection and record keeping requirements, computer-oriented tasks, and the maintenance of the equipment in the facility. You will coordinate with schedulers for the successful delivery and receipt of asphalt products to the terminal to meet customer demands.
Technicians also input computer data in various programs and are assigned duties through a work management system. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to support the team as you manage small projects. Normal responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: product transfers, mechanical troubleshooting, basic electrical troubleshooting, basic instrumentation troubleshooting, pump maintenance, valve maintenance, testing of system safety devices, periodic inspections of tanks, valves, or piping, and other product quality control or technically oriented tasks related to an asphalt facility.
In the event of unplanned events or system "call outs", you are willing to be available for an on-call rotation during selected nights and weekends as required by the number of personnel in rotation. Team members must be willing to occasionally travel (with overnight stays) for training, meetings, or to assist short term at other locations.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver's license
- Willing and able to reside within an approximate 45-minute drive of the terminal in Green Bay
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Computer Aptitude
- An understanding of mechanical concepts
- An Understanding of basic electrical concepts
- General troubleshooting experience
- Mechanical and/or electrical work experience
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed
- Able to meet Physical Requirements for the role
Physical Requirements for the Role
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb and balance
- Ability & willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (for example: hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, respirator, safety work boots, etc. as required)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Must be able to adequately hear alarms and other sounds which may indicate a safety concern
- Must be able to communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers
- Must be able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high, precarious places and work around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Must be available for an on-call rotation including nights, weekends & holidays
What Will Put You Ahead
- A two-year technical or mechanical degree
- At least two years of construction/maintenance experience in a bulk storage terminal
- Previous work experience in a bulk storage terminal and/or pipeline operation
- 1-2 years of Electrical and Instrumentation troubleshooting experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf