Mechanical Engineer - Vehicle Antenna Group
This job posting is no longer active.
At Molex we’re committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. Connected Mobility Solutions (CMS), a business unit of Molex LLC, develops innovative products and manufacturing processes around Automotive (VAS) Vehicle Antenna Systems.
At Molex, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. Come join our journey.
As a Mechanical Engineer you will:
- Develop new products and/or materials that support current product lines or helps establish new product lines within the Vehicle Antenna Systems Group.
- Perform Mechanical testing of new and existing products (Vibration, Thermal, Static) at the On-Site Lab.
- Provide Technical Engineering Expertise to Internal and External Customers.
- Responsible for providing Mechanical engineering expertise to support a variety of projects in the development of products, processes or equipment to meet the needs of the Company.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Select materials of construction to meet mechanical, environmental requirements while utilizing the most cost-effective solutions possible.
- Ensure designs utilizing proper technologies while meeting manufacturing, cost, and timing goals.
- Work directly with Internal and External Customers: Sales managers, Project Managers, and internal teams to identify customer requirements, establish design expectations, and meet agreed upon design, performance, and goals for projects.
- Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key deliverables are met.
- Coordinate activities to accomplish prototype and pilot production runs to mature the design of components and assemblies and meet customer needs for finished material.
- Coordinate project activities to ensure smooth release of products into manufacturing meeting customer requirements and established timelines.
- Perform risk assessment tests and use results to improve design and reduce risks before reaching manufacturing Contribute to the launch of new programs with the various affected global manufacturing facilities.
- Could lead new product development projects from concept through preparation of turnover to manufacturing. Establish project plans and milestone charts at the inception of new projects, then track and report on progress
- Maintain leading-edge technical proficiency and stay abreast of new trends and scientific developments in fields impacting the mechanical sciences.
- Work with other departments in obtaining samples and test data and provide with information to prepare catalogs and other sales literature.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks to document the creation and development of new inventions.
- Prepare invention disclosures, and work with corporate attorneys in researching, writing and filing patent applications.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree.
- 2+ years experience with a CAD software (NX, SolidWorks, CATIA) with new product development/design processes and work flow.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineer or related degree.
- 2+ years experience of FEA Analysis
- Experience with Designing of Plastic Parts, Injection Molding, Die Casts
- Experience with Automotive OEM
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.