When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives!
Guardian Industries is looking for a Senior Accountant for our facility on South Halstead St. in Chicago, IL!
As an integral business partner, the Senior Accountant is a strategic member of the Finance team. They provide our Plant Managers and operations team with guidance to improve plant operational and financial performance. This role will report directly to the Regional FP&A Manager with strong alignment between the Plant Manager and the plant management team.
If you thrive in a transformative environment, enjoy building cross-functional relationships, and providing strategic guidance to business leaders, this could be the perfect position for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Balance sheet analysis and income statement oversite
- Manage month end closing process and review
- Establish the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, and entering transactions
- Prepare customer billing daily and review pricing for accuracy
- Maintain customer pricing in ERP system with guidance from sales team
- Monitor AR Aging monthly and notifying customers when payments are past due
- Daily review and entry of bank transactions into the general ledger
- Promote innovative ideas for accounting workflows to create efficiency and reduce waste
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Assist in preparation of annual operating plan for a location using the best identified method
- Acquire new ways of seeing things, revise ways of thinking and adapt to changing environments
- Provide project-based support and ad-hoc analysis as required by local and regional leadership teams
- Support capital investment project development – provide relevant economic analysis to help prioritize projects according to their economic value creation
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and corporate policies/procedures to provide consistent financial reporting and to protect company assets
- Provide oversight and leadership for plant inventory cycle audits and fixed asset audits
- Partner with regional cost accounting lead to validate cost model assumptions to ensure accurate inventory values and customer/product profitability for decision making
- Prepare files for consolidation and complete year-over-year analysis and reporting
- Update financial forecasts monthly
- Evaluate alternative financial scenarios and results through data collection and predictive analysis
- Generate statistical models that can capture and quantify risk and opportunities • Improve the financial literacy/business acumen of the operations team by understanding the competitive landscape and having knowledge of various business models to properly challenge decision making
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ Years of progressive accounting/finance experience
- Experience presenting financial and operational data in individual and group settings
- Experience in general accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- MBA degree
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- CPA or CMA Certification
- Experience with Cost Accounting
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf