Koch Minerals & Trading (KM&T) is seeking a Financial Accountant to work in our Wichita, KM&T headquarters. While in this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with other accounting professionals, credit, treasury, and risk within the KM&T organization as well as other Koch affiliated companies. The Financial Accountant takes an active role in efficiently producing financial information that is accurate and relevant for business decision making, ensuring the timely delivery of analysis reports, in addition to understanding accounting concepts and principles related to our world-wide commodity trading organization.
Candidates for this role should possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, and ability to solve problems and help implement those solutions. Candidates should also be proactive, internally motivated, and willing to drive change in a fast-paced organization while maintaining integrity and compliance.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Self-motivated, self-starter with positive attitude, sense of urgency and drive to problem-solve and create value
- Effective communication and organizational skills with strong attention to details
- Ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new systems and processes quickly
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Complete and innovate the month-end close and financial reporting processes to meet the best-in-class close timeline, including but not limited to recording, reviewing, reconciling, and analyzing monthly accruals.
- Work with Corporate on financial and governmental reporting inquires as required.
- Participate in projects, define accounting requirements and complete testing.
- Apply new tools and technology to transform current processes.
- Successfully develop and maintain good working relationships with other departments within KM&T and Koch.
- Analyze large volumes of data from multiple sources, identify discrepancies, perform variance analysis and follow up until resolution is in place.
- Exercise full compliance with KM&T Trading Standards and constantly work to strengthen KM&T’s control environment.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting
- A minimum of 1 year experience in an Accounting role
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Access and Excel
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with SQL, OneStream, SharePoint, Microsoft Power BI or other data visualization tools
- Knowledge of commodity trading and trading fundamentals
- 2+ years of a combination of experience in Accounting and Analysis roles
- Process Improvement / Process Transformation / Process Implementation experience
Koch Minerals & Trading companies offer global coverage and world-class market knowledge in diverse commodities - both in their physical and paper form. The owner of KM&T, Koch Resources, LLC, maintains long-term credit ratings of AA- from S&P and Aa3 from Moody's, a credit rating higher than 98 percent of rated energy companies.
Koch Minerals & Trading companies have a unique, analysis- and relationship-based foundation that has become their trademark in the global marketplace. From worldwide locations, the companies' traders, accounting professionals, market analysts, market and credit risk specialists, logistics specialists and information technology professionals connect with international markets.
To learn more, visit us at https://www.kochind.com/companies/koch-minerals-trading
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com