Process Engineer Intern
INVISTA (Canada) Company’s Kingston Site located in Kingston, Ontario has an opening for a Process Engineer Intern. It is one of the city’s largest employers with over 700 employees dedicated to the production of quality products used in the automotive airbag, carpet fiber, and engineering polymer industries. Our large production plant has a broad range of engineering applications from the upstream chemical processes (reactors, distillation columns, extruders) to downstream spinning processes which use highly automated, mechanical systems.
This isn’t your average internship. At INVISTA, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. As part of Kingston Site’s Technical Spinning and Polymer Team, you will have the opportunity to create real value, working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with an aim to improve and transform our manufacturing technology and processes for Nylon 6,6 polymers and high tenacity fibers.
At Kingston Site we believe employees create exceptional value for our shareholders and customers through high quality products that save and enrich lives, while constantly striving to improve our sustainable footprint. We do this through the strength and capabilities of our people and the application of new ideas and technology. We are looking for motivated and talented people who will help us meet the challenge of leading rapid experimentation, pursuing continuous innovation and creating long-term value for customers and society. INVISTA is an independently managed but wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc, one of the largest privately held companies in the world with a presence in nearly 60 countries. This opening is for a 16-month term, starting May 2022 through August 2023.
To thrive in our Market Based Management® culture, you must show initiative, be results driven, and have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Above all you must ensure that all your activities are carried out with integrity and in a safe and efficient manner.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Advance digitization strategies to modernize the site’s manufacturing process. Seek out and apply emerging technologies in sensors, analytics, and vision.
- Analyze data sets to generate knowledge systems that present actionable information that will improve or optimize our asset production processes (this can include material/heat transfer optimization, batch/clave/extruder or other asset production time optimization, mechanical component re-design, amongst others).
- Provide site operations with day-to-day technical support in troubleshooting production processes and support the advancement for capabilities across other teams.
- Utilize designed experiments and data analysis to advance fiber spinning or polymer processes.
- Develop problem statements against prioritized opportunities and embrace the peer challenge process with intellectual honesty to deliver the best solution
- Lead and support ongoing capital or advancement projects/programs on site with an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated initiative of a Principled Entrepreneur, who challenges the status quo, prioritizes based on risk and value, is solution-oriented, and meets deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, contributing positively in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to ongoing learning and developing new skills
- A willingness to embrace and live the core values of Market Based Management®
The Experience You Will Bring
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate of a University Engineering degree program.
Do you enjoy discovering a better future state? Are you motivated by seeing the results of your work in the end-product? Do you want to learn more about the INVISTA experience? Watch this!
Who is INVISTA?
INVISTA is one of the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon applications. We deliver exceptional value for our customers through market insights, technological innovations, and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks.
Our Guiding Principles – Integrity, Respect, Humility, Knowledge, Self-actualization, Principled Entrepreneurship, Stewardship & Compliance, and Transformation – define the INVISTA culture. If those words are in your DNA, then please submit your resume via the application link.