Plywood Production Operator
"Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.'' - Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
At Georgia-Pacific, we don't believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your knowledge and expertise to not only better your life, but your community as a whole. If you are someone who wants to work for a company that will value your skills and ideas, then we have the perfect opportunity for you. Start your career as a Plywood Trainee at our Camden, TX mill. Plywood trainees must have the ability to work any shift (up to 12 hours), holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed. Georgia-Pacific offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, 401(k), accident and sickness, paid holidays and vacations, as well as overtime opportunities.
Starting wage is $18 per hour
As a Plywood Trainee, you will learn to operate machinery within the plywood facility to expected production levels, maintain a safe and clean working environment, and work collaboratively to complete manufacturing goals. If you are motivated by working with your hands, learning new and exciting tasks, and working with teammates toward a common goal, this may be the job for you.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Helping to achieve the plywood productivity standards set for each day
- Keeping the facility clean by removing dust and debris from work areas
- Learning to safely operate plywood machinery
- Assisting crew members and working in a team environment
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day in a noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated manufacturing plant environment
- Maintaining a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Walking on an elevated catwalk over 15 feet high to perform daily duties
The Experience You Will Bring
- Six (6) months of previous work history, in a manufacturing, military, industrial, farming, agriculture, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, or construction environment
- Meet the schedule, physical and safety requirements of the job
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) years' experience or more in a manufacturing, military, industrial, farming, agriculture, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, or construction environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com