Polymer Analytical Chemist
INVISTA is among the world's largest integrated producers of chemical intermediates, polymers, and fibers, primarily nylon 6,6 intermediates, polymers, and fibers. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations, and a strong global product portfolio. INVISTA's businesses include Intermediates and Performance Surfaces & Materials. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of our growing businesses by joining the INVISTA team.
INVISTA’s Polymer Technical Service Lab (North America) works with customers, operations, and R&D by providing analytical services to troubleshoot polymer product quality issues and manufacturing product quality issues. Additionally, the Lab addresses customers’ calls regarding concerns of using INVISTA polymers. The Lab occasionally supports specific polymer R&D projects.
Our Technical Service Lab is seeking a Polymer Analyst / Polymer Analytical Chemist. This role is based at the Camden, South Carolina site.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Complete analyses / testing of nylon 6,6 based polymer products per requests from commercial, operations, and R&D teams with minimum supervision.
- Analyze and summarize test data for further evaluation.
- Maintain analytical instruments and equipment in good working condition.
- Develop understanding of potential polymer product quality impact on fiber products and engineering polymer applications.
- Utilize internal and external labs to characterize and troubleshoot polymer pellets, fibers, and articles/parts.
- Maintain global analytical methods and calibration standards for Site Control Labs.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in polymer chemistry, polymer science and engineering, analytical chemistry OR related field.
- 3+ years of industrial experience with polymers.
- Basic to middle level Knowledge on Polyamide chemistry and physics, especially Polyamide 6,6.
- Hands on experience with various polymer analytical instrumentation, such as, but not limited to, DSC, TGA, FTIR, DMA, Microscope (Optical microscope, Florescence microscope, Polarized microscope, etc.), moisture analyzers, etc.
- Hands on experience with Gas Chromatograph with decent wet chemistry skill to prepare GC samples.
- Experience with polymer processing equipment such as single screw extruders, twin screw extruders, melt blenders, etc.
- Must demonstrate and commit to living the Koch Principles and MBM®.
- Must be able to lift 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Must be willing to travel 10-20%. Travel will mostly be domestic, but can occasionally include international travel to Canada, UK and Europe, and China.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Advanced knowledge and skill working with SEM, GPC, ICP, etc. will be beneficial.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf