Koch Supply & Trading companies conduct worldwide trading and risk management activities in crude oil, refined petroleum products, metals and other commodities. KS&T's businesses bring a disciplined, strategic approach to trading that emphasizes market analysis and centres on knowledge systems and customer relationships. From worldwide locations, the companies' traders, accounting professionals, market analysts, market and credit risk specialists, logistics specialists and information technology professionals connect with international markets. We are looking for an individual who is interested in being a part of a dynamic trading environment that offers fresh challenges each day, wants to be a part of a team, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
This role is in our trading organization which handles physical commodity and paper trading across the globe. Specifically, this role is within our freight trading team. The primary focus of our freight team is the entrepreneurial trading of tankers, drybulk vessels, and paper freight. This team also provides chartering support for our energy trading teams.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop physical freight trades that achieve an acceptable return
- Execute physical voyage charters, focusing on the Panamax sector however broad knowledge of the dry industry preferred.
- Collaborate with other members of the freight team – we trade a global book
- Participate in effective challenge around point-of-view/position/game plan/strategy
- Engage with analysts and physical freight traders to ensure knowledge transfer and consistency of positions
- Build and manage customer relationships, focusing on shipowners, cargo shippers, and other counterparts
- Perform freight differential calculations and liaise with customers/brokers for final freight payment
- Negotiate charter party terms that control risks and optimize contractual outcomes
- Maintain 100% compliance
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years commercial and/or maritime experience including drybulk chartering
- Strong understanding of dry commodity transportation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Critical thinking skills and a risk-taking mentality
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Flexibility (on call to make decisions 24 hours per day 7 days per week)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Economics, Finance, Quantitative or Business degree preferred
- Trading experience preferred