Flint Hills Resources LLC is seeking a Payroll Coordinator to work closely with the Human Resources team on all matters relating to payroll processing, payroll audits, HR system changes and other HR/Payroll projects. This position works with sensitive employee data that requires a high degree of professionalism and discretion to protect the confidentiality of information.
This position is located in our Corpus Christi refinery.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Prepare timesheets for payroll processing for 500-600 employees on a weekly basis
- Oversee transactions for new hires and employee changes in our HRIS system with a high degree of quality and timely execution
- Provide excellent attention to detail, organization skills, and problem-solving abilities
- Perform bi-monthly and quarterly audits of payroll and HR data
- Receive, acknowledge and respond to payroll inquiries from supervisors and employees as a payroll subject matter expert
- Create diverse reports through ad hoc reporting, analyzing and compiling the data for business owners using Power BI, Excel and other software
- Provides recommendations for process improvements and solutions to meet the needs of the business and customers
- Assist with orientation for new employees and supervisors regarding payroll activities
- Manage HR records with consideration to retention guidelines, auditing, privacy and confidentiality
- Experience handling projects from start to finish that require diligent attention to detail while ensuring accuracy
- Customer focus – ability to provide support to all levels of organization, respond to inquiries accurately and timely – meeting all compliance requirements and deadlines
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of payroll experience using an automated payroll/timekeeping system
- Technical knowledge of payroll principles
- Skilled in mathematics and/or accounting
- Experience using Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, and Excel and ad hoc reporting
- Able to handle sensitive & confidential employee information
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ year experience processing payroll or accounting
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business
- Payroll under a Union Contract with a shift work schedule
- Experience with Infor or a similar HRIS System
- Experience working with Kronos timekeeping system including maintaining and updating a timekeeping system
- Data analysis experience
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC dentification badge, allowing for unescorted access to the facility within a specific time period
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com