Flint Hills Resources is looking for a Support Engineer to join our Application Support team at our Wichita, KS headquarters. The FHR Application Support Team (FAST) provides IT support and services for FHR applications, code, and integrations. FHR IT is undergoing a rapid transformation as we quickly adopt more modern platforms that touch on every aspect of our business. As a Support Engineer, you will be a key part of this modern transformation.
The Support Engineer of the future for Flint Hills Resources will create value by supporting various applications to deliver value to our customers faster. This role will also enhance reliability and reduce cost. Experimentation, teamwork, integration, and ownership will be key.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Supporting applications and integrations through the modification and deployment of code
- Troubleshooting complex and distributed systems
- Working with AWS and other cloud platforms to deliver creative, sustainable solutions
- Collaborating as part of a large team across multiple disciplines, focusing the right resources on the right tasks
- Working with modern technologies such as Splunk, APIs, AWS serverless, etc.
- Support and modernization of legacy platforms
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
The Experience You Will Bring
- Technical training in software development or related experience in an IT role.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Passion for writing code
- Proven experience in learning and applying new technology and concepts
- Two (2) or more years of experience in an IT Role or an IT or STEM-related degree
This role is not open to VISA sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com