This job posting is no longer active.
Flint Hills Resources, LLC operates oil refineries and chemical plants across North America. Our Longview, TX chemical plant is hiring an Operations Superintendent to join our team.
We are looking for an Operations Superintendent to lead the shift team in providing safe, compliant, reliable and productive day-to-day operations. You will drive and coordinate the activities for the operations group with strong teamwork and performance expectations. You will assist in the implementation of operating initiatives and assure that operating, reliability and production plans are executed with operations.
Your ability to lead will be vital to your success in this opportunity.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Communicating at shift changes to ensure leaders and team are aware of any concerns during the shift
- Participates in maintenance group and set up daily priorities
- Lead site wide production meeting - set priorities and communicate any issues
- Make rounds in the fields to identify any concerns/gaps
- Mentor and train others to be successful in their field
- Leading investigations in the plant
- Partner with Eastman shift supervisor to influence Koch Culture
- Safety First Mentality that values risk identification and personal ownership
- Self-driven/highly motivated
- Strong teamwork/communication skills
- Able to use Critical/Analytical thinking skills to make decisions independently
- Successful candidates must be able to work in various types of weather conditions
- Must be able to climb ladders (+100 ft), stairways, vessels, towers and pipe racks, many involving considerable heights
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots and hearing protection)
- Lifting requirements up to 50lbs
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience working in a production facility
- Experience in a leading a team
- High school diploma or equivalent
What Will Put You Ahead
- Polypropylene production experience
- Capability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple items
Flint Hills Resources markets gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, ethanol, biodiesel, olefins, polymers and intermediate chemicals, as well as base oils and asphalt. Its businesses have a crude oil processing capacity of about 670,000 barrels per day, as well as the capability to produce 9 billion pounds of building-block chemicals and 550 million gallons of ethanol per year.
The company has expanded its operations through capital projects and acquisitions worth more than $11 billion since 2002. This dynamic growth is creating a wealth of opportunities for career advancement across many different professions.
Working at Flint Hills Resources (FHR) is different from most companies. We have a strong culture built on Guiding Principles and Market-Based Management where employees are encouraged to think and act in a principled way creating long-term value for our customers, our company and society.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.