Surface Finishing Technician
SRG Global, a Guardian company, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high value coatings on plastic for the automotive, commercial truck industries with a manufacturing presence in major world regions including North America, Western and Central Europe and Asia. SRG Global is headquartered near Detroit, Michigan. Through its Advanced Development Centers in Taylor MI, USA; Líria, Spain; and Suzhou, China, SRG Global works to enhance manufacturing processes and accelerates development and delivery of the next generation of materials, coating technologies and sub-systems. SRG Global engineers solutions globally for greater surface durability, structural integrity, enhanced functionality, vehicle efficiency and optimal design flexibility. The result is the development of innovative exterior and interior products and processes that create value for our customers and consumers, and create a positive impact in our environment and society. Beyond the finish™.
SRG Global’s Advanced Development Center in Taylor, MI is searching for a full-time Surface Finishing Technician who will be responsible for control of part racking, flight bar loading, plating line monitoring, and preventive maintenance for production, product development, and innovation. The ideal candidate will be experienced in plastic plating or be a fast learner who has the ability to apply knowledge in a fast paced plating environment. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the process control challenges of supporting a multi-finish plating operation within a team of diverse people.
Come join our team starting at $20.00/hour with a sign on bonus of $1000.00, payable after 90 days of employment!!!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Control plating racks and flight bars based on schedule
- Racks are correctly attached to flight bars for processing.
- Inspect rack for damage to coating or contacts. (Identify for repair)
- Control storage of racks to prevent damage
- Load parts on plating racks for correct processing.
- Verify parts are aligned to contacts without deforming during attachment.
- Load flight bar into Que and Aucos for plating
- Confirm correct plating recipe is input into Aucos for product per plating chemist
- Monitor processing and react to system warnings or alerts.
- Un-rack parts after plating process.
- Identify and communicate any plating concerns to chemists.
- Identify parts for lab testing or gauging.
- Present production and development racks to inspectors
- Strip plating rack for storage or next plating run.
- Run process control checks on tanks such as temperature, pH or filter checks.
- Perform filter maintenance.
- Perform schedule tank maintenance including in-tank cleaning per PM instructions.
- Support daily and proactive 5S in all plating areas
- Move and store plating chemicals.
- Follow all safety and PPE guidelines and STOP, THINK, and ASK.
- Read, retain and communicate technical data
- Implement precise instructions
- Proactive communication with all ADC departments and team members
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to work any shifts including 1st/2nd/3rd shifts
- Ability to work overtime as needed (including weekends)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- College or Technical Degree
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf