This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products division is searching for a Performance Leader for our Power Plant Maintenance department (Mechanical & Electrical teams) located in Muskogee, Oklahoma. The Performance Leader is responsible for the development of the hourly maintenance employees’ capabilities and manages all aspects of their performance. This leader will have a general understanding of power plant operations and maintenance best practices and will be accountable for their team’s performance and capability.
A successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, constructive challenge skills to facilitate improvement, the ability to stay current in best practices and be a continuous leader, and collaboration skills with the ability to engage teams.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead and mentor employees with behaviors and actions that advance our Market Based Management® (MBM®) culture and the organizational vision
- Coach, lead, mentor and develop employees to continuously improve their knowledge and skills, and performance to create long-term value
- Encourage and incentivize knowledge sharing and transfer between team members
- Work and communicate with area and team leaders, manufacturing engineers, skill builders, reliability coordinators, and others to identify and address performance and knowledge gaps
- Manage safety and quality to support our vision
- Manage individual performance and hold individuals accountable for their results through vision setting, one-on-one conversations, and performance feedback
- Provide resources to help team members develop their own careers and realize their full potential while becoming increasingly self-actualized
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) or more years of experience leading people including completing performance reviews, setting expectations, and holding people accountable
- Three (3) or more years of Power Plant experience or military experience
- Maintenance experience with a strong understanding of maintenance best practices
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate degree or higher in Engineering, Manufacturing, or Operations Management
- Five (5) or more years of supervisory experience in a power plant with responsibility for direct reports
- Experience working in a power plant supporting an industrial environment such as a paper mill
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.