Electrical Technician (Gypsum)
Electrical Technician - Savannah, GA. - Gypsum
Address: 151 Wahlstrom Rd., Savannah, GA 31404
Do you have experience troubleshooting manufacturing or industrial equipment? Do you enjoy working as part of a team to increase uptime and reliability? If this sounds like your ideal job, then we want to talk to you! Georgia-Pacific’s Gypsum facility in Savannah, GA is seeking a qualified individual to join our team as an Electrical Technician. This highly skilled position will support our operations efficiency through troubleshooting and maintaining manufacturing equipment and processes. In our culture, employees can thrive and encouraged to create the greatest value for themselves, the organization, our customers, and society.
The Georgia-Pacific facility in Savannah, GA produces a variety of gypsum wallboard products. Wallboard is an affordable, strong and durable construction material used in residential and commercial building. Georgia-Pacific Gypsum is a leading manufacturer of innovative solutions which have long been recognized for contributing to the sustainability of commercial and residential buildings. Our pioneering and state-of-the-art fiberglass mat technology has inspired the construction industry to build with products that help manage moisture damage during and after construction. For more information on Georgia Pacific’s Gypsum Division please visit www.buildgp.com/georgia-pacific-gypsum.
Earn competitive pay & benefits, with opportunities for bonuses up to 5%, payable at 6 months and 1 year; with additional opportunities for variable incentives based on plant and individual performance.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Following all good manufacturing practices (GMPs) guidelines for production of corrugated paper products
- Performing various reactive and preventative maintenance tasks on production equipment
- Uses experience to identify and implement improvements
- Working with automation, production, and computer systems
- Researching parts in electrical/mechanical manuals and submitting order forms
- Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining all electrical and mechanical equipment to ensure production continuity and efficiency
- Responding to operator, quality and/or supervisor requests on equipment specifications
- Assisting operators or crew members with machine start-up, shutdown or clean up
- Communicating daily work performed and machine conditions via written and verbal documentation
Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day, in a loud/noisy, and industrial, high-volume environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- One of the following: Associates degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Systems, Instrumentation, or Electronic Technology AND at least two (2) years of electrical/electronic and/or instrument & control troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment
- A minimum of four (4) years of electrical/electronic or instrument & control troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with industrial controls PLCs, motor controls, control valves, and electrical distribution
- Experience with industrial instrumentation for flow, pressure, and temperature
- Experience reading and following electrical and mechanical schematics / blueprints
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- Experience in repairing, troubleshooting, and programming PLCs, HMIs, and operator interfaces
- Mechanical maintenance experience, including fluid handling and conveyor systems, hydraulic systems and accumulators, and valve identification and application and welding
- Experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens PLCs
- Experience programming variable frequency drives (VFDs)
- Distributed Control (DC) experience
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com