Maintenance Leader (Gypsum)
Maintenance Mechanic Leader (Gypsum)- Savannah, GA.
Address: 151 Wahlstrom Rd., Savannah, GA 31404
Are you looking to make a change in your career? If so, Georgia-Pacific has an immediate need for a self-motivated and knowledgeable Maintenance Mechanic Leader at our Gypsum facility in Savannah, GA. This role is responsible for the maintenance and reliability of plant equipment throughout the facility.
Shift: Monday-Friday 6am-4pm. This role will require on-call hours (1 week out of every 6) and overtime as needed.
Earn competitive pay & benefits, with opportunities for bonuses up to 5%, payable at 6 months and 1 year; with additional opportunities for variable incentives based on plant and individual performance.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintains good communication, provides proper and timely service to production, flexible and exhibits a sense of urgency.
- Directs and leads assigned craftsmen in the performance of approved maintenance work.
- Meets work specifications and quality standards of each job. Ensures job completion and quality by frequently and directly checking jobs in progress and having craftsmen present when checking job completion (visits each job at least twice, major jobs more often).
- Assigns mechanics (in advance and throughout the shift as needed) specific tasks, preventative maintenance and planned work orders as appropriate. Discusses importance of assigned jobs and reviews result of actions taken.
- Ensures that good housekeeping and safe work practices are followed. Holds safety, quality and variable cost information meetings with team members
- Instructs craftsmen in the best job methods, materials, tools and equipment required
- Adheres, as closely as possible, with daily work schedules without wasting manpower or materials. Maintains good control of labor (breaks, start and end times).
- Communicates and feeds back to general supervisors, planner, department heads and hourly personnel. Records progress of jobs scheduled. Advises the planner/scheduler of variances from the status of daily work schedule
- Searches for ways to minimize/eliminate maintenance work while extending service life between repairs
The Experience You Will Bring
- HS Diploma or GED required
- 8 years experience within industrial maintenance required
- 2 years minimum leadership experience required
- Reliability precision maintenance experience
- Experience with fabrication and welding
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics & pneumatic systems and reading hydraulic schematics
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, and conveyors
What Will Put You Ahead
- An Associate’s Degree or higher in Industrial Technology / Automated Engineering or similar preferred
- Alignment, vibration, and thermography experience
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Experience with blueprint reading and precision measurements
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com