John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is seeking an entry level CFD Engineer to work in our EMEA CFD team. This group is located in Luxembourg with responsibility for technology and product development for our engineered combustion and emissions solutions businesses. We serve the international refining, Petro-chemical, and power generation markets. Our CFD Group also provides technical support on commercial projects for our Flare, Burner, Thermal Oxidizer, and Vapor Control technologies.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- You will own and execute CFD projects from the proposal stage through analysis, reporting, and presentation
- You will contribute to long-term business growth through technology and product development and work with the business units to leverage CFD simulation capabilities to improve product designs, improve our understanding of our products and technologies, reduce process/warranty risk, and assist the order acquisition phase by demonstrating technical superiority and generating innovative solutions for our customers
The Experience You Will Bring
- Hands-on experience with STAR-CCM+ or other commercial CFD software
- Strong knowledge and understanding of fluid mechanics and the thermal sciences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English language
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team spirit
- Hands-on mentality
What Will Put You Ahead
- Exposure to experimental work. Experience in Combustion related fields
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in a second language
Why Work For Koch Companies?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
John Zink Hamsworthy Combustion is part of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) which is a growing family of companies that serves customers with innovative, engineered-to-order solutions. The range of products for John Zink Hamworthy Combustion entity includes burners, flares, thermal oxidizers, boiler burners and vapor recovery systems.