Flint Hills Resources, LLC (http://www.fhr.com/) operates oil refineries and chemical plants across North America. Our Houston, TX chemical plant is hiring a Production Engineer. Flint Hills Resources is part of Koch Industries (http://www.kochind.com/), a global leader in a number of industrial markets with a presence in 60 countries and over 100,000 employees. The opportunities are endless!
Our Houston chemical plant is a major producer of propylene with operations in the vicinity of the Houston Ship Channel. The facility employs about 100 people.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing technical support to operations on a day-to-day basis in order to meet production goals
- Providing support in the development of standard operating procedures
- Identifying improvements and developing conceptual scope in the facility to support business strategy
- Assisting in process optimization to maximize production rates and product quality
- Participating in Safety and Environmental meetings and/or other programs within their organizations as directed by management
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including infrequent climbing of stairs and ladders
- Willingness to work around dust, chemicals, and other substances
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boot, hearing protection, and full face respirator)
This position is subject to a pre-hire physical ability test.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+ years of engineering experience working at a refinery or petrochemical facility
This position is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com