Are you committed to safety? Do you enjoy working in a team environment? If this sounds like you, we may have the perfect role for you! Georgia-Pacific is looking for career-minded individuals to join our Cellulose production team as a Woodyard Laborer in Brunswick, GA. This position is an exciting entry-level opportunity with room for advancement. Starting pay for this role is $17.60/hour. This role also offers opportunities for overtime and employees are eligible for quarterly bonuses. This position works rotating 12-hour shift schedule, that includes weekends, holidays, and overtime.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Performing entry level positions in any operations department, and be able to train for promotion in any department line-of-progression
- Performing repetitive and physically demanding tasks for at least 12 or more hours per day(lifting, walking, climbing, pushing, pulling, twisting, stooping)
- Working in a fast-paced, industrial environment that is hot, cold, humid, and noisy and may include working around dust, oil grease, chemicals, and other substances
- Assisting crew members and work in a team environment to meet and exceed safety, production, and quality goals
- Performing quality checks and keeping designated work area clean throughout the shift.
- Performing housekeeping duties to include cleaning the paper machine’s dryer/vent equipment and operating a forklift to recycle waste if necessary
- Able to strive 100% of the time to fully comply and ensure excellence with all areas of Georgia-Pacific compliance, environmental, safety, policies, procedures, and principles
- Operating equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Identify and perform value-creating work; and assisting with troubleshooting minor machine malfunctions, making machine adjustments, and equipment change overs, this may include, working in high and/or confined spaces.
- Wearing necessary Personal Protective Equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, hard hat, steel toe boots, etc.)
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience within a manufacturing, industrial, warehouse/shipping, construction or dock working environment
- Basic computer skills for record-keeping and documentation functions-- using computer, laptop, tablet, or smart phone
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) year or more of mobile equipment experience
- Two (2) year technical degree or higher
- Mechanical Experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com