Project Manager -DSS-CSBU
Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Project Manager to lead and facilitate cross functional teams in the planning and execution of projects related to New Product Development and Release, Modifications, selected Capacity Additions, within the Copper Solutions Business Unit. The Project Manager acts as the team leader of the project and manages the project within the constraints of the Cost, Quality, and Timing requirements documented in the Project Plan.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develops, documents, and maintains the Project Plans (Scope, Schedule, Budget, Risks, Success Criteria, etc.) for assigned New Product Development, Modifications, and selected Technical Support Project (if any)
- Leads cross functional New Product Development teams through the execution, monitoring, and achievement of the Project Plan using Project Management methodologies such as Action Item Lists, Gantt Charts, Risk Registers, Team Meetings, etc.
- Proactively identifies, documents, and executes risk reduction activities to minimize Project Risks associated with Cost, Quality, and Timing that could negatively affect Project Plan achievement.
- Clearly and concisely communicates status of assigned projects to both external and internal stakeholders. Identifies and communicates project barriers to gain management action to remove.
- Advocate and ensure project team adherence to the Product Development Process, Check Point Reviews, and other related procedures.
- Maintains Planned and Actual Phase Dates in Molex Resource and Portfolio Management (RPM) system for assigned Projects.
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems and Initiatives by following stated policies and procedures.
- Review design packages, manufacturing designs and processes with global plants.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Works independently
- Position as a global reach through work with other Molex, Customer, and Supplier entities.
- Position focused on setting team direction for successful execution of the Project Plan.
- Position involves creative thinking, problem-solving, organizational, and communication skills.
- Travel to Customers, Suppliers, and other Molex entities as needed
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Project management skills that demonstrate the ability to set goals, tasks, and priorities to complete projects in a systematic and timely manner.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively influence co-workers, management, and external contacts to drive positive outcomes to situations.
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities and schedules among assigned projects.
- Individual and team organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize, and monitor workload.
- Proactive, and able to demonstrate initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing
- Knowledge of product development activities (Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, and/or Sales/Marketing) through course work or work-related experience
- Experience or knowledge of Project Management methodologies and tools
What Will Put You Ahead
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Training in Quality Sciences
- Work Experience in connector and cable design and manufacture
- Proficient in both oral and written English and Mandarin
- Experience working in a team environment.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com