Process Safety Engineer
Koch Fertilizer Beatrice, LLC is now hiring an innovative and forward thinker to consider for our Process Safety Engineer role in the Lincoln, NE area. The selected individual will drive and support value-based strategies, provide technical direction, and influence leadership for process safety. Long-term value is created through the application of the company’s business philosophy of Market Based Management and Koch’s Guiding Principles. This role provides execution and oversight of Process Safety related programs to ensure processes are operated in accordance with the company’s risk philosophy and performance is sustained. The position works closely with site personnel and leadership on all aspects of Process Safety. This position has up to 50% travel.
****This role can sit in the following offices/locations: Beatrice, NE Ft. Dodge, IA or Dodge City, KS****
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintain select process safety management procedures and oversees the PSM Systems
- Maintain a leadership role in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) for both existing and new processes and equipment and facilitate risk assessments as needed
- Maintain and oversees the Management of Change work process and tools
- Maintain the corrective action database for incidents and audits
- Prepare management reports on metrics and key indicators of overall PSM systems health
- Participate in PSM/RMP Compliance audits
- Ensure incidents are promptly reported, investigated, and action items closed in a timely manner, tracks actions to completion
- Work with Operations to ensure required Process Safety Information (PSI) is available and current for each PSM covered process
- Provide PSM and safety training as required
- Participate in safety reviews and audits for unit shutdowns and normal operations.
- Promote a culture of Process Safety Stewardship and Compliance through customer service, individual integrity, teamwork, employee innovation and accountability
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) or more years of experience in process engineering, process operations or process safety experience
- Experience working with Process Safety regulations (i.e., 29 CFR 1910.119 and 40 CFR 68)
- Experience with Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), management of change (MOC), and pre-startup safety reviews (PSSR
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering
- Supervisory experience within a chemical, refining or petrochemical operation
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com