Quality Process Manager
Georgia-Pacific is now hiring a Quality Process Manager to join our team in Kansas City, MO. As a member of the plant leadership team, the Quality Manager is responsible for managing quality and processes while partnering with the operations, commercial teams, and customers to ensure we produce and deliver corrugated product that meet our customer’s needs.
Our facility in Kansas City, MO is a leading corrugated sheet manufacturer and part of our Packaging division. We manufacture standard corrugated boxes and sheets used in containers as well as many specialty packaging products and displays. To learn more about Georgia- Pacific Packaging please visit www.gppackaging.com
The successful candidate will be provided a $10,000 signing bonus after starting the new role. External candidates and internal Koch company employees moving to the new location when hired are considered eligible.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement to improve process control, quality, yields, and reduce defects
- Lead quality process improvements within the facility
- Interface with internal and external customers to assure quality expectations are met
- Lead quality training initiatives for employees
- Champion Product Stewardship Food Safety process
- Facilitate team meetings to improve the quality process
- Manage Monthly Quality Report for Leadership Team
- Assure vendors are meeting our material specifications
- Track, monitor, and report to leadership and teams on quality performance
- Be part of the leadership team that drives safety performance within the facility
- Administer corporate computer systems involving plant floor data collection and customer complaints
- Champion Blue Diamond Certification Program and ensure working with teams and leadership on commitments to the program
- Manage all measuring equipment to ensure GP compliance
- Assistant to Director of Operations in performing daily operations
- Assist Director of Operations and Maintenance Team on weekend operations
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) years or more of leadership experience managing quality and process improvements in a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Root cause analysis and cause mapping experience
- Experience with managing and maintaining customer relations through written follow up and onsite visits
- Experience with third-party quality audits
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering
- Statistical Process Control experience
- Lean/Six Sigma experience
- Corrugated packaging industry experience
- Experience working with BVP and KIWI information systems
- HAACP Certification
- Experience with Safe Quality Food (SQF) and /or British Retail Consortium (BRC)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf