Export Manager - Containerboard
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
We are seeking an Export Manager in the Customer Experience group for our Containerboard division in Atlanta, GA!
We are seeking an Export Manager in the Customer Experience group for our Containerboard division. Our focus is on our customers - offering them quality products and superior service and we are looking for someone to help us continue to deliver superior service in all areas of the customer experience.
This role is based in Atlanta, GA and is open to a hybrid model of in-office and remote work.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Proactively and effectively manage a team responsible for customer order management for movement to and from production mills to port terminals
- Scheduling production of customer orders across a wide mill network based on known lead times, production and transportation costs, and customer requested delivery dates
- Communicating with multiple parties (Sales, customers, mill shipping departments, production planning, freight forwarders, etc.) to ultimately plan for the successful fulfillment of export orders
- Managing ocean bookings, arranging inland transportation, and following up to ensure shipments have reached their final destinations
- Supervising necessary export documentation for international shipments
- Overseeing customer invoices for export billing purposes including generating credits and debits
- Working in tandem with representatives from our GP Shanghai trading office
- Managing inventories in domestic and foreign warehouses and finding suitable economic outlets for aging material
- Reporting any potential customer issues or overall supply chain issues to stakeholders and working to resolve the issues with a sense of urgency
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years of logistics experience analyzing logistics and shipping data
- 3+ years of business experience managing customer and/or supplier relationships
- Order entry, ERP and/or billing experience
- Experience interacting with ocean carriers, freight forwarders, warehouse operators
What Will Put You Ahead
- Letter of credit experience
- Foreign language (Spanish)
- Ocean freight shipping line experience
- Experience with export documentation requirements
- Intermediate-Advanced Excel knowledge (V Look Ups, Pivot Tables, VBA) used for tracking and analysis
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com