Production Operator - WallBoard
This job posting is no longer active.
At Georgia-Pacific, we won't just offer you a job, we'll offer you a career that will allow you to learn and innovate as an individual and that will benefit your community. If you are someone who wants to work for a company that will value your skills and ideas, then we have the perfect opportunity for you. Start your career as a Production Operator at our North Las Vegas, NV Gypsum facility. This position will work on a production line manufacturing wallboard that is trusted and used in residential and commercial construction throughout Las Vegas and the surrounding areas. You will work 12 hour rotating shifts that includes weekends, holidays and overtime if necessary while in a hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment.
Georgia-Pacific offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, paid holidays and paid vacations, as well as overtime opportunities. Top performers could earn variable pay through the sites P-pay program and spot bonuses.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensuring that machines are set up properly and performing optimally while performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for a minimum of twelve (12) hours a day
- Troubleshooting and making machine adjustments as needed
- Contributing to the site's safety record by ensuring the team works safely and maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Driving forklifts to move finished wallboard to the warehouse
- Working as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Cleaning work area throughout assigned shifts to ensure an orderly and safe environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Previous experience within an industrial, manufacturing, production, construction, warehouse, military or farming environment
- Willing and able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year or more of experience within an industrial, manufacturing, production or military environment
- Experience identifying, analyzing and troubleshooting quality issues
- Experience troubleshooting equipment
- Experience identifying and developing process improvement initiatives
- Experience operating heavy equipment to include but not limited to; forklifts, front end loaders, and bulldozers
- Experience working with construction materials i.e. lumber, gypsum, plaster, brick, insulation, etc.
- Experience using hand tools in the workplace to include but not limited to; rakes, shovels, hand saws, wrenches, and screwdrivers
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.