Manager - HR Business Partner
Georgia-Pacific has an opening for a Manager, HR Business Partner to work in partnership with managers and employees at our OSB and Chemical facilities to include Hosford FL, Taylorsville MS, Fordyce AR and Crossett AR. This position will have the opportunity as part of the Discrete Manufacturing Division to advance continuous improvement of HR processes and drive business results. We want to transform the delivery of our HR services to effectively meet both the current and future needs of our customers while delivering gains to the business.
The successful candidate will have flexibility in where he/ she resides with preference being for the candidate to live in either the Tallahassee FL or Fordyce AR areas.
This position is eligible for a $5,000.00 sign on bonus!!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Understand key business drivers/priorities and then formulate and execute appropriate solutions
- Coach leaders and their teams regarding how to connect business strategy to people strategy. Build leader capability and reinforce accountability in the areas of talent, leadership and culture
- Display end-to-end systems thinking and ability to navigate complex and ambiguous situations while providing leadership and action
- Strong business knowledge combined with analytical, negotiation, project management, influencing, communication and change management skills
- Develop business acumen to understand key drivers of business performance and support delivering results.
- Drive innovation in HR functions and processes. Support Koch HR Vision and myHR transformation efforts
Steward of the MBM® Culture
- Possess a deep personal knowledge of Market-Based Management (MBM®) and be able to not only understand but also effectively apply concepts to daily work and coach others regarding the application of MBM
- Develop a point of view on talent and be able to influence change
- Apply MBM® Framework to HR problems, practices and systems
- Ensure effective utilization of performance management and development processes (RR&Es, coaching, performance reviews, career development, etc.)
- SME on people related issues
- Provide data-driven insights for decision making and strategic workforce planning; recommend revision or creation of new strategies
- Leverage and enforce processes and technologies to support delivery of services; work in close partnership with shared services to deliver recurring end-to-end services and processes
- Assess risk related to employment matters and coach leaders in a manner consistent with the company’s risk philosophy
- Lead compliance with all labor laws and within union agreements
Advancing Our Talent Position
- Identify and develop creative sourcing strategies, particularly for critical and high-volume roles. Develop solutions to reduce time and cost to fill while still ensuring selection of quality talent; partner with recruiting team to execute
- Implement and facilitate comprehensive succession planning process to enable development and movement of internal talent
What You Will Bring:
- Ability to engage with operations and leadership team members.
- Self-motivated to embrace/define/drive continuous improvement in how you and the HR team serves the business.
- Results oriented person with excellent communication skills, initiative and personal accountability.
- Ability to challenge leaders, confident and well-versed in moving the facility along with the company's vision.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 3 years of HR experience in a Human Resources leadership role or equivalent business leadership experience.
- Experience in managing or leading hourly staffing, succession, recruiting, employee relations, performance management and hourly compensation initiatives and strategies.
- Experience designing and executing strategies in support of business objectives.
- Ability to travel approx. 25%+ of the time.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience supporting both non-union and union environments.
- Labor relations; grievance management, collective bargaining experience
- Experience with project management.
- Experience within the Building Products Industry
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com