Process Control Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
This position has a $5k sign on bonus and relocation assistance
Koch Ag & Energy Solutions is looking for a Process Control Engineer to join our Operations Excellence capability! The location for the role will be in our corporate office in Wichita, KS. The successful candidate will support the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of the company’s fleet of fertilizer plants. The key focus for the organization is to develop and sustain capability in the fleet, requiring close collaboration with plant staff as well as other support team members.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Reviewing our plant’s process control and safety control performance either from your desktop or directly from the Distributed Control System (DCS) /Safety Instrumented System (SIS) screens
- Identifying control improvement opportunities and advanced control opportunities that align with Koch’s business goals for our operating plants
- Ensuring safety controls are performing per design and participate in functional safety work
- Reading and understanding P&ID’s, control narratives, instrument and valve data sheets and then applying control skills to drive performance improvements to meet those business goals
- Working with Operators to discuss and review control performance issues
- Working with Process Engineers and Field Technicians to troubleshoot instrumentation and control problems and opportunities
- Working collaboratively to arrive at solutions for control performance improvements
- Developing implementation plans to drive control performance improvements
- Collaboratively work with remote sites in a matrixed capacity with project engineering, plant operations and maintenance, and plant management personnel
- Communicating and working collaboratively with the other Operational Excellence teams – Process, Process Safety, Projects, etc.
- Utilize all required personal protective equipment
- Working at plant operating sites to access and inspect instrumentation and control equipment.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- At least five (5) years of experience in a process engineering, reliability engineering or process controls engineering role
- Experience with process industry standards and codes (ISA, IEC, etc.)
- Experience with DCS and SIS
- Experience with functional safety management
- Experience troubleshooting process issues that may also have instrumentation or control related issues or needs
- Must be able to travel (normal is 25% peak up to 50%)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- At least seven (7) years of experience in a process engineering, reliability engineering or process controls engineering role
- Hands on experience working with the process controls at your plant, supporting design and implementation of process controls for your area of responsibility
- Exposure to the DCS/SIS in your plant – having worked with your process controls teams to configure the controls – supporting and being aware of how the controls are built in DCS/SIS
- Loop tuning and experience with Proportional Integral Derivative (PID) controllers
- Familiarity with Advanced Process Controls (APC) and/or State Based Control/Procedural Automation
- Experience in cybersecurity
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.