Senior Manager of Accounting
Georgia-Pacific LLC is seeking a Senior Manager of Accounting. This role creates value through excellence in technical accounting, financial reporting, and external audit management. Key deliverables for the role are managing the GP external audit and partnering with the GP businesses, and our financial reporting teams. A strong potential candidate for this role will be self-directed in a dynamic environment - able to set priorities and meet deadlines. You will have a passion for accounting and business partnering. You will be a strong economic thinker who challenges the status quo and creates value as you interact with Leaders in Accounting and other Corporate Capabilities.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading makers of tissue, pulp, packaging, building products and related chemicals. You may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and Dixie® cups and tableware. If you’re in the construction business, you’re probably familiar with our gypsum panels and other quality building materials. Even if you work in aerospace, mining or facilities management, Georgia-Pacific products may be part of your day.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Interact with our external auditors, businesses, including the controllers, environmental remediation, and legal teams to manage the annual audit
- Act as a key contact and liaison between the Controllers’ organizations and the external auditors
- Document conclusions on technical matters in memos / white papers as needed by partnering with our technical accounting team
- Coordinate and communicate audit request/technical matters/adoption of new standards with the external auditors
- Work on financial reporting and sub-consolidated audits
- Understand and explain key accounting policy frameworks to our external auditors
- Perform accounting activities in compliance with financial, regulatory, and corporate accounting policies and guidelines
- Provide accounting support for non-routine projects and confidential transactions
- Advance the Market-Based Management® (MBM®) culture within the team by applying and reinforcing the company’s Guiding Principles
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Experience in Audit, Accounting, Financial Reporting, or related role(s) that required a working knowledge of Accounting processes, US GAAP requirements, Internal Financial Controls, and Financial Reporting
- Leadership experience: (i.e. building, developing and supervising a team, leading transformation, being a driver of company initiatives, project leadership, or similar)
What Will Put You Ahead
- MAcc, CPA or other professional certification
- Large company external audit experience
- Experience using OneStream, Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx, or other data visualization tools
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com