Looking for a job with an organization that truly cares about your health, safety, and success? How about a job where you have opportunity for advancement, variable pay for performance, job stability and great co-workers and leadership?
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well.
Our Georgia- Pacific Madison, GA facility is seeking a qualified candidate, with a positive “can-do” attitude, to join our team as a Maintenance Millwright. The Millwright helps ensure the successful operation of the facility by resolving mechanical issues, recommending alternative repairs and equipment upgrades, identifying quality concerns, and understanding the production threshold of the equipment.
Pay starting at $28/hr based on experience. We are offering a $2000 Sign On Bonus!
Our Georgia- Pacific Madison, GA facility is a Tobacco Free Work Place.
Georgia-Pacific in Madison, GA manufactures pine plywood panels and siding that are ideal for residential and light commercial construction. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines and policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain equipment for improved reliability and uptime.
- Assist co-workers and work in a team environment.
- Maintain highest level of housekeeping standards for the facility.
- Effectively communicate work performed and equipment statuses both written and verbally.
- Help us meet or exceed production waste and quality goals through a quality maintenance program.
- Reading and understanding work instructions.
- Conduct maintenance on equipment in accordance with the scheduled maintenance requirements.
- Work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment.
- Work a Day shift with the possibility for a night shift. (Flexibility is recommended as this can change due to business needs.)
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods (lifting, walking, climbing, pushing, twisting, stooping).
- Wear necessary Personal Protective Equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, hard hat, 6” top leather steel toe boots, etc.).
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations.
- Must have own measuring tools and common hand tools.
- Must have good understanding of tool holder, insert types, turning and boring set ups and be able to train others.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in basic hydraulics, pneumatics, reading hydraulic schematics, fabrication, cutting with torch, welding, reading blue prints, precision measurements and geometric tolerances, inspection gages, and layout procedures.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, install, align, dismantle and repair industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and up time.
- Knowledge of bearings, chains, sprockets and precision alignment of motors and couplings.
- Must be able to operate hoisting and lifting devices, set-up, and repair of machinery. Adjust machinery and repair and/or replace defective parts.
- Must have the ability to communicate in verbal and written form and must have basic computer skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills, must be a self-starter and require little or no supervision.
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 2 years of mechanical and technical training.
- At least 6 months experience working in a Wood Mill Environment.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com