PROJECT CONTROLS LEAD
Flint Hills Resources, LC operates oil refineries, chemicals plants and pipelines & terminals across North America. Our Project Services team is adding a Project Controls Leader to the Corpus Christi team. Flint Hills Resources is part of Koch Industries, a global leader in several industrial markets.
With an active portfolio of capital projects and base projects, we continue to transform our capabilities within our Project Controls Leadership group, and we look to the Project Controls Leader to support this transformation. You will be an asset to this group by leveraging industry accepted business processes and providing value-based solutions to complex projects. Your role will be expected to drive project controls business processes that will ensure we are in a control state through the Portfolio and to advance the Project Controls capability. Additionally, you will proficiently apply FHR Project Assurance Process and facilitate alignment at the leadership level on key risks, direction, and adjustments, if necessary, to maximize competitiveness.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Contributing to the team, transforming project controls, integrating estimating, cost engineering and execution strategy optimization analytics on projects
- Be the voice of customer – elevate new opportunities to work across Project Services Capability
- Monitor Portfolio Health to drive priorities and competitive outcomes
- Partner with business to understand value based on:
- Data Information Management to transform the way we work
- Key performance indicators and matching our reporting capability to the proactively drive action
- Promote Business Process point of view across One Project Capability with emphasis on key project principles, decision rights and integrations
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of 3 years of project experience in a refinery/petrochemical facility
- working knowledge of project estimates, schedules, budgets, and forecasting
- Experience with conflict resolution and stakeholder management
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Willing to travel approximately 10% of the time to other sites (Pine Bend, Longview, Houston Chemical)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous Project Management and/or Construction Management Experience
- Previous field experience in managing Owner/Operator budgets and schedules
- Bachelor's degree in related industrial field
- Experience in utilizing MS Power BI
- Experience working in capital projects and turnarounds in an EPC environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com