This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific is building a state-of-the-art gypsum wallboard production facility near Sweetwater, Texas. The new $285 million plant will be located adjacent to GP's existing gypsum plant and will incorporate state-of-the-art production processes. The two operations combined will be capable of supplying customers and distribution partners with more than 1 billion square feet of gypsum products each year. Currently, GP is preparing the site to build the technologically advanced plant, and construction on the new facility will begin immediately with startup expected in late 2022.
We are seeking an experienced, Human Resources Generalist to work in partnership with managers and employees at our Sweetwater Gypsum Complex supporting approximately ~200 non-union team members. The HRG will work in partnership with all levels of the organization and will be key in moving us along in our HR transformation journey. While learning the business, your contribution will be at an HR generalist level with primary focus in staffing and turnover reduction. As our service delivery model transforms, your contribution will shift to a full HR business partner role helping our employees and supervisors create value in our MBM® culture through transformation and delivery of our HR services. You should be a proactive communicator and change agent, someone who can successfully manage multiple priorities simultaneously and thrives in a fast pace changing environment while meeting business objectives to create solutions that support the business and HR vision and transformation.
What You Will Do In Your Role
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
·Building Our MBM® Culture & Business Partnerships
- Build credibility and trust with the workforce and leaders.
- Ability to influence others as an informal leader.
- Desire to understand, develop, apply, and coach employees and supervisors on our Market Based Management culture.
- Apply judgement based on knowledge and discernment.
- Develop business acumen to understand key drivers of business performance and help deliver results.
- Drive innovation in HR functions and processes. Proactively support transformation efforts.
- Investigate questions and/or complaints; resolve employee relations issues and use each complaint/issue as an opportunity to understand the true root cause and develop a plan to resolve.
·Advancing Our Talent Position
- Responsible for working with the Talent Selection Team and Facility Hiring Managers in the full cycle recruiting for the Complex. You will collaborate with hiring managers and to fully understand talent needs. The ideal individual will have a high sense of urgency, handle multiple competing priorities and the ability to develop authentic relationships. Lastly, you will be passionate about identifying the right talent that aligns with our company culture to help drive transformation in our respective businesses.
- Partner with various capability teams and staffing support groups to improve our talent position.
- Own hourly staffing to include staffing plan execution, onboarding effectiveness, and maintaining employee files.
- Support performance management, turnover reduction efforts, and Supervisor development.
·Driving Process Excellence
- Identify HR compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Optimize risk by effectively interpreting current policies and practices while identifying opportunities to drive standardization and eliminate waste.
- Work with a platform mindset to build processes that are repeatable across plants and allows for remote support.
·Delivering on Business Objectives
- Create solutions which support/enable teams to deliver on business objectives.
- Thrive in a fast pace, changing environment while meeting internal and external customer needs.
- Leverage data driven solutions to support the business and advance results.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- At least 1 year of experience of either Human Resources, recruiting, or training and development.
- Ability to engage with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated to embrace, define, and drive continuous improvement in how you and the HR team serve the business.
- Results-oriented person with excellent communication skills, initiative, and personal accountability.
- Ability to challenge leaders and confidently advance the facility towards the company’s vision.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher OR equivalent work experience
- Previous experience working in an HR role in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Previous experience supporting multiple locations.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.