Gear Cutting Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Genesis Robotics – Gear Cutting Specialist
At Genesis Robotics, there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. The best part? We are just getting started.
Genesis Robotics, a Koch Engineered Solutions company, is searching for an experienced Gear Cutting Specialist to join our Machine Shop Team. You will work with a collaborative team of highly skilled machinists as we continue building components that support our internal prototyping activities. This is not your typical machinist job. In our Technology and Product Development environment, there are new challenges and something new to learn every day.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Act as a champion of the Genesis Robotics brand, vision, and guiding principles. Your skill-set is important, but not as important as your ability to mesh with our culture. See more on our culture here: https://www.kochind.com/philosophy/
- Set-up and operate gear cutting machines Inspect parts to ensure conformance to specification and drawing tolerances
- Confidently and carefully load machines with material
- Collaborate with the machine shop team on the execution of day-to-day work orders
- Interact regularly with our in-house team of engineers as designs are optimized prior to machining
- This includes collaboration with the engineering team post-manufacturing to better understand design limitations as they pertain to the manufacturing process
- Ensure machines are cleaned and maintained properly according to the manufacturer’s standards as well as company standards
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5 or more years of experience in gear manufacturing
- Familiarity with gear cutting tools, processes, and work holding systems Hands-on experience running a hobbing, shaping, or grinding machine
- Experience with conversational programming
- Experience with gear measurement, ideally on a gear specific measuring machine (GMM)
- Comfortable in a prototyping environment where some calculations or investigation may be required to complete tasks
- Strong mechanical and computer aptitude
- Strong communication skills and fluent in both oral and written English
- Ability to work efficiently while maintaining a high standard of excellence
- Proven ability to always follow company safety policies as a top priority
- Desire to collaborate, with an active pursuit of new ideas, perspectives, and ways of getting the job done
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Manual and CNC machining experience is an asset
- Experience using CAD/CAM software is an asset
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 150+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/ and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg
This job posting is no longer active.