Dryer Service Technician
Georgia-Pacific is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Service Technician - Paper Machine to join our team in Green Bay, WI. This individual will provide reliability and technical support for Yankee dryers to include performing mechanical maintenance, inspections and diagnostic services. In this labor-intensive role, the Manufacturing Service Technician will help provide mechanical maintenance services for multiple North American paper manufacturing facilities
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Field machining to include precision surface grinding 12’-18’ diameter Yankee dryer rolls and specialized mechanical maintenance
- Performing non-destructive examinations including UT, MT and PT
- Performing internal inspections on the pressure vessels
- Performing examinations using Infrared cameras and Eddy Current Sensors
- Writing reports to document findings and conclusions, then making recommendations supported by charts, graphics, photos, tables and other media
- Assisting and working on paper machine doctors with an emphasis on the yankee doctors
- Candidates possessing additional technical skills and career interest could perform other specialized work on paper machines such at high speed camera work, and hood and steam audits.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one (1) or more years of experience installing, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial equipment OR a technical degree in electro-mechanical, industrial maintenance, machine tool operation or manufacturing engineer technology
- Willing and able to work on platforms and/or catwalks varying in height from 2ft-20ft from ground level
- Willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time
- Willing and able to work in small and/or confined spaces which at times is accessed through an opening as small as 16 inches wide by 12 inches high in the shape of an ellipse
- Experience reading blueprints and taking precision measurements
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Willing and able to work weekends, holidays and overtime when needed
- Willing and able to communicate and work with others in a team environment
- Experience working in MS Excel entering data into spreadsheets, MS Word typing up reports, and MS Outlook sending & receiving emails and scheduling appointments
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com