Furnace Project Engineer
The Engineering Excellence- Furnace Project Engineer- Float Process will be responsible for the design and installation of Glass Melting Furnaces (Refractory, Steel, and Mechanical Design) including the management of suppliers and external engineering design and construction firms.
The desired candidate will effectively implement Float Glass Productions systems to support business and innovation needs.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with FGE, Regional, and Facility team to develop project scopes, budgets, and schedules
- Manage all aspects related to assigned portion of projects
- Prepare equipment and system requirements including design as required, specifications, and installation scopes of work
- Prepare RFQs, contractor analysis and selection, contractor and contract management as required
- Manage the scope, budget, and schedule throughout the project and document, justify, and get approvals to any significant design changes
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Civil or Mechanical engineering or Ceramic Science preferred.
- Previous experience in Furnace Construction or Engineering related work
- Self-Motivated and able to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Strong technical knowledge to design, specify, procure, install, and start-up systems
- Skilled to predict, recognize, and effectively solve problems and interferences
- Effectively manage contractors, budgets, and schedules
- Fluent in English
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) within the department, regional, and global organizations
- Travel International when needed (likely 30-40%)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with Float Production capital projects and skilled in furnace design and installation supervision. Proven track record of successfully designing, specifying, contracting, and supervising equipment and system installation