Principal Test Engineer - Optical Solutions
Molex is a leading provider of optical communications components, smart modules, and subsystems. Molex is seeking a dynamic Principal Test Engineer to join our Optical Solutions team based in Fremont, CA.
Molex offers integrated design and manufacturing solutions for leading global and emerging network equipment manufacturers serving numerous addressable infrastructure markets for transportation and aggregation of the metro and long distance, wireless traffic, data center networks and cable television.
The Principal Test Engineer will be responsible for developing test procedures for new product development including Cisco JDM (Cisco Unified Communications Manager) and multimode product platforms.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for test solution development for high-speed fiber optics transceiver or sub-system under various application environments
- Lead test in new product development from concept, feasibility study, prototype until production release
- Define test and automation architecture by platform to consider design validation and manufacturing
- Establish test methodology or test guideline for key parameters measurement
- Define test plan, EVT/DVT test matrix and conduct characterization on key opto-eletronics components and transceivers
- Generate test reports and perform data analysis to drive performance improvement and design optimization
- Work closely with other engineering groups and operations team to ensure design for manufacturability testability
- Support RFI/RFQ response and design wins
- Coach and guide other engineers
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field
- Professional experience in networking, telecommunications or delivery of data (datacom) industry
- Experience performing hands-on Optoelectronics test experience
- Experience with optical transceiver test experience
- Proven track record of success in volume manufacturing
- Experience with communication protocol such as IEEE, ITU-T, OIF, Telcordia standards
- Experience with laser, detector, optical passive components, different modulation formats (NRZ/PAM4/QAM), link budget and fiber propagation characteristics
- Experience with light-wave and RF measurement equipment
- Capability to perform data analysis and problem solving
- Proficient test and test automation development with LabVIEW, Python
What Will Put You Ahead
- Masters or PhD in Optical disciplines
- Multi-node transceiver experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com