Flint Hills Resources is looking for an Operations Technician to join our team at our refined products terminal in Madison, WI. As an Operations Technician, you will work as part of a team to ensure the overall operation of the terminal including basic functions such as receipt and shipment of petroleum products (gasoline, diesel, ethanol and propane), lab testing, inspection and record keeping requirements, computer oriented tasks, and the maintenance of the equipment in the facility. You will coordinate with schedulers for the successful delivery and receipt of refined products by truck and/or pipeline.
Technicians also input computer data and are assigned duties through a work management system. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to support the team as you manage small projects. These may include, but are not limited to: product transfers, mechanical troubleshooting, pump maintenance, valve maintenance, testing of system safety devices, periodic inspections of tanks, valves, or piping, and other product quality control or technically oriented tasks related to an refined products terminal.
In the event of terminal and other system "call outs", you are willing to be available for an on-call rotation during selected nights and weekends as required by the number of personnel in rotation. Team members must be willing to occasionally travel (with overnight stays) for training, meetings, or to assist short term at other locations.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver's license
- Willing and able to reside within an approximate 30-minute drive of the terminal in Madison, WI
- Experience working with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Mechanical and/or electrical work experience in an industrial setting
- Must be available for on-call rotation including nights, weekends & holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb and balance
- Ability & willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (for example: hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, respirator, safety work boots, etc. as required)
- Must be able to adequately hear alarms and other sounds which may indicate a safety concern
- Must be able to communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers
- Must be able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high, precarious places and work around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
Physical Requirements of the Role:
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least two years of construction/maintenance experience in the refined products and/or oil and gas industry (Mechanical/Industrial trade school will be considered work experience)
- A two-year technical or mechanical degree
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com