Embedded Software Developer - Optical Solutions
Molex possesses a rich heritage in the optical industry. We provide the highest performing and field-proven wavelength management solutions from components, modules to integrated line-cards. Our team is dedicated to continuous innovation in passive component function integration, miniaturization, and manufacturing automation. We provide cutting edge Wavelength Selective Switch (WSS) and amplifier technology with a comprehensive optical, mechanical, electrical and software integration capabilities enable us to serve the needs of high-density, high-bandwidth, and flexible optical networks.
In Bridgewater, we serve large, global clients in telecom and datacom industries in providing next generation optical modules to support the growing need for data and communications. We are developing optical alignment techniques and opto-mechanical assemblies for Wavelength Selective Switches.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer that will be responsible with working with our team to create, maintain, and update embedded control software for our Wavelength Selective Switch (WSS) product line. The engineer will work closely with Project and Product-Line Managers, Customers, and the rest of our engineering team to design and implement new features, and to troubleshoot and improve existing products.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible designing, developing, optimizing and implementing the software that is programmed into devices built around a WSS
- Write code to solve problems and implement systems that make the physical hardware function appropriately
- Create and implement algorithms which enable the hardware to function
- Develop and implement software for specific applications and systems
- Plans, improves and manages software applications from inception to use
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Technology, Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Experience with C Programming
- Experience writing low level software such as device drivers, boot loaders, or stand-alone control software
- Able to read and understand schematic diagrams.
- Experience with scripting languages, preferably Python
What Will Put You Ahead
- Masters or PhD
- Experience using Linux a plus
- Experience using lab tools such as oscilloscopes to debug low-level issues a plus
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com