Material Handler – Rincon GA
Our Savannah River Mill, Consumer Products facility in Rincon, GA has immediate openings for Material Handlers. These entry-level positions start with an hourly rate of $16.00per hour with a competitive benefits package. Material Handler’s work a12-hour rotating shift that include weekends, holidays, and overtime.
Material Handlers support various areas of the mill including Logistics, Pulp, Paper and Converting. This is a great opportunity to gain more knowledge about manufacturing and start a rewarding career with our company.
Our Savannah River Mill in Rincon, GA began operations in October 1986 and is considered a world-class operation in the industry. Five of the world’s 12 largest tissue paper machines reside at the facility. Our operation is designed to produce products primarily from recycled fiber. We have over 50 converting lines that make the tissue, towel and napkin products in our retail and away from home markets. We strive to be a valued member of our community and we’ve built strong partnerships over the years as part of those efforts. To learn more about Savannah River Mill, please visit our website: www.gp.com/Company/Company-Overview/Locations/Savannah-RiverIf this sounds like a team you would like to join, we are interested in learning more about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Performing general housekeeping duties to ensure a safe and orderly environment
- Performing daily preventative maintenance checks on your equipment (executing blow downs on your equipment)
- Supplying materials to different areas of the mill
- Working in a sometimes hot, cold, humid, noisy and high-volume manufacturing and industrial environment
- Working around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substances
- Adhering to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment as required by specific jobs
- Lifting and pulling up to 50lbs when replacing and removing LP tanks from fork trucks
- Repetitively performing physically demanding tasks throughout the 12-hr shift, to include: lifting, pushing/pulling, gripping, reaching, sitting, walking, standing, bending, climbing ladders/stairs
- Sometimes working in high and/ or confined spaces
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least six (6) months of experience operating machinery in a warehouse environment
- Experience working in a team
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least two (2) years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- At least one (1) year of experience operating machinery in a warehouse environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com