Sr. Opto-Mechanical Engineer
Molex possesses a rich heritage in the optical industry. We provide the highest performing and field-proven wavelength management solutions from components, modules to integrated line-cards. Our team is dedicated to continuous innovation in passive component function integration, miniaturization, and manufacturing automation. We provide cutting edge technology with a comprehensive optical, mechanical, electrical and software integration capabilities enable us to serve the needs of high-density, high-bandwidth, and flexible optical networks.
We serve large, global clients in telecom and datacom industries in providing next generation optical modules to support the growing need for data and communications.
We are looking for a Senior Opto-Mechanical Engineer to contribute to new product development including Cisco JDM (Cisco Unified Communications Manager) and multimode product platforms.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for all phases of mechanical design for optical transceiver or opto-mechanical assembly from conception through volume production
- Lead mechanical design to ensure product compliance with industry standards, MSAs and customer specific requirement
- Design test fixture, jig or tooling for development or production
- Perform tolerance analysis and thermal simulation of op-mechanical structures
- Analyze, verify mechanical performance including thermal, mechanical, vibration and shock effects
- Drive design with full consideration of EMI, manufacturability, reliability, etc
- Collaborate with other teams including optics, hardware, process, testing and manufacturing to achieve productivity and efficiency
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Hands-on mechanical design experience in complex electronics
- Experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Experience with high-speed optical products
- Proficient CAD skills with industry standard software, such as SolidWorks, Ansys.
- Experience working with manufacturing process (die casting, sheet metal forming, plastic injection molding, etc) and DFM
- Experience with Opto-mechanical assembly techniques
What Will Put You Ahead
- Masters in Mechanical or Optical Engineering
- Experience with transceivers
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com