This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific is now hiring a Corrugator Production Supervisor at the Owosso, MI location. The ideal candidate will demonstrate safety as a core value and lead a team of employees to exceed production expectations for the shift. The successful candidate will be self-driven and provide leadership to ensure the production team is meeting the objectives in safety, reliability, quality, cost, and customer service.
Supervisors at the Owosso facility will have the opportunity to contribute to a successful box plant, both in improving the efficiency of production and in helping to build a culture of Market-Based Management.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing leadership, coaching, training, and developing personnel in safety, quality, service, production, compliance, and problem solving
- Continued emphasis on cross-training and building the bench strength of his/her team
- Addressing key issues and concerns; and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality and on-time production
- Exemplify and drive Market ¬Based Management® (MBM®) culture
- Engaging in continuous improvement opportunities (reducing downtime and waste), and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure
- Partnering with the reliability and maintenance team to ensure machines are maintained to specifications
- Planning, assigning, and directing work for all hourly production employees; appraising performance and providing feedback as needed; assisting in resolving complaints; holding employees accountable as needed; pro-actively communicating issues and results on a daily basis
- Ensuring the safety of all of our team members
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience supervising employees within a manufacturing, production, industrial or military environment OR experience in the Corrugated Packaging industry
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in corrugated packaging or containerboard industry
- Experience operating and leading a corrugator crew
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical or business discipline
- Experience working with Kiwi applications
- Experience with daily management systems Lean Six Sigma training
THIS ROLE IS NOT OPEN TO VISA SPONSORSHIP
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.