Supervisor- Equipment Engineering
Koch-Glitsch, LP, A Koch Engineered Solutions company, is looking for hands on, self-motivated candidates for our Supervisor of Equipment Engineering position located at our Wichita, KS office.
At Koch-Glitsch, LP the Equipment Engineering team handles the mechanical and hydraulic design of mass transfer and mist elimination equipment. Partnering with the Sales, Process, Project Management, Design, and Fabrication teams a Design Engineer facilitates the transition from technical scope of supply pre-order to drawing creation for all engineered-to-order equipment utilizing expertise in fluid dynamics, structural mechanics, and 3D CAD.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Inspire and empower the team through servant leadership, feedback and coaching using our management philosophy centered around our Guiding Principles
- Motivate and lead a team of Design Engineers and ensure that the whole team is fully engaged and aligned with our vision of supplying high-quality engineered equipment which are safe, reliable, and delivered on-time
- Provide technical leadership and develop engineers in the use of KES Engineering Standards to maintain high quality and consistency
- Manage the engineering resources and effectively work through conflicts with Design Engineers and other teams
- Work with Global Equipment Engineering Leaders to appropriately manage rapidly shifting workloads through all available global engineering resources
- Responsible for the execution and quality of project deliverables assigned to Design Engineers on their team
- Partner with the Sales and Process teams to provide Front End Engineering and Design
- Solicit and provide feedback to all stakeholders impacted by the Design Engineering team, to continuously seek improvement
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in lead activities including leading multi-discipline projects, coaching and mentoring others, influencing others
- Experience with resource planning, scheduling, and coordination
- Experience in engineered to order environment
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Instrumentation Engineering or related technical engineering disciplines
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience leading others or having direct reports
- Experience in managing resources and workload in an engineered-to-order environment
- Experience developing and leading teams within a Koch company
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com