Global Product Steward Manager
INVISTA is seeking a Global Product Steward / Regulatory Affairs Manager who possesses a passion for learning and driving innovation to join its Compliance & Ethics team. The Global Product Steward Manager will proactively engage with key stakeholders to identify and/or develop options and provide strategic direction for the long-term goal of positively impacting business bets and priorities. Successful candidates should have strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills to assess and appropriately manage risk and compliance requirements for INVISTA products and chemicals. The Global Product Steward Manager must also have a strong commitment to integrity, ethical behavior, and act with a sense of urgency.
This role is open to candidates based in Wichita, KS, Houston, TX, Atlanta, GA, or Chicago, IL.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support new product registrations and evaluations, by pro-actively collaborating with INVISTA’s businesses and other capabilities including Logistics, R&D, International Trade Compliance, Legal, etc.
- Effectively assess, document and communicate product stewardship, regulatory or other technical details, requirements and concepts to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that effective product stewardship programs are developed and/or implemented
- Advocate in partnerships with industry trade associations, task forces, and coalition on legislative, regulatory, and market-driven emerging chemical issues
- Work with commercial and sales teams to provide customers with necessary product information
- Identify risk and assess applicability and impact of current and upcoming global regulatory, non-regulatory and other legislative developments
- Apply principled entrepreneurship to innovate and improve product regulatory programs and systems to ensure appropriate risk management and value creation
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Toxicology, Biology, Natural Sciences, or science related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a product stewardship, product safety, product compliance, regulatory affairs or related role
- Familiarity with product and chemical regulatory registration requirements, and exemptions for TSCA, Canada DSL and European REACH
- Product or material classification experience in GHS, CLP, Dangerous Goods, HTS Codes, or similar programs
- Project Management skills to effectively manage, execute and deliver on complex workstreams in a cross functional team environment
- Experience assessing and implementing Product Stewardship, Product Safety, Regulatory Affairs and/or other regulatory programs and systems
What Will Put You Ahead
- 10+ years’ experience in a product stewardship or related role
- Background in chemistry
- Completed, or actively participated in TSCA PMN submittals
- SAP knowledge & experience
- Toxicology and Ecotoxicology experience
- Transportation Classification for Dangerous Goods
- Working knowledge of SDS Authoring Program
- Chemical/manufacturing and/or Polymer experience
- Knowledge of Asia Pacific Chemical Control Requirements
- Global business experience, working with international colleagues, customers, suppliers.
- Experience in interacting with regulatory agencies
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship