This job posting is no longer active.
*This Role is Eligible for a 15k Sign-On Bonus and Company Paid Relocation Assistance*
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for our Gypsum facility in Acme, TX. The Maintenance Supervisor is a key to plant reliability and improvement. The Maintenance Supervisor will assist in leading the maintenance team. They will be responsible for managing millwrights who are assigned to different areas of the facility. Together, the group regularly inspects all critical mechanical equipment, while in operation or while in service, determining the probability of imminent failure. The ideal candidate will be a self-driven individual with a passion for excellence in safety, manufacturing, and customer focus. You will drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability. You will also work to proactively identify hazards and implement appropriate mitigating strategies based on the risks involved while monitoring the quality of work and providing guidance to the team. This role will provide critical input to the management team and influence others, positively impacting the organization.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Monitors and approves work requests to ensure an emergency response is necessary or directs the creation of a work order that can be planned and scheduled in the future.
- Participates in emergency work.
- Ensures appropriate resources for each planned and scheduled job, controls job execution and quality through completion.
- Ensures all work, including modifications and changes to any process, have a valid work order with all specified approvals.
- Ensures good housekeeping and safe work practices are followed in the shop and on all job sites. Works with department personnel on all safety compliance of work processes. Actively leads safety awareness and information sharing meetings.
- Works with the Maintenance Manager for on-call rotation and coordinates Millwright on-call list on a regular basis.
- Ensures the orderly conduct of Maintenance team members with respect to company policy and procedures compliance.
- Works with the Maintenance Manager to run Area Management Team meetings.
- Help plan and schedule maintenance work for all departments in the facility.
- Fills in for Maintenance Manager when absent from mill
- Working some weekends and holidays and being on-call as needed.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two years’ experience with development, revision and/or implementation of preventative, predictive, and precision maintenance programs.
- Proven ability to efficiently work within a CMMS for work process control, such as MP2 – manage work order backlog
- Supervisory experience including, but not limited to: clear communication of facility and company goals, training and developing teams knowledge and skills, performance evaluation / feedback for improvement
- Working knowledge and experience with MS Word and Excel, and other PC-based production and maintenance reporting applications
- Experience routinely utilizing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) or other similar problem-solving tools
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as required
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) or more years of Maintenance Millwright experience in a heavy industrial setting
- Experience in leading improvement efforts in Reliability, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
- Experience reading mechanical and structural drawings. Ability to read electrical drawings a plus
- Associate Degree or higher in related technical field
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience as a Maintenance Supervisor
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.