We are hiring Skilled Labourers for opportunities across Canada. We are hiring candidates with previous mechanical experience for project-based work in the upcoming turnaround season.
Koch-Glitsch is a nationwide leader in the manufacturing inspection, repair, and installation of mass transfer equipment. We are an expert solutions provider specializing in the repair of coded piping and pressure vessels such as towers, reactors, and drums.
- Canada wide travel opportunities
- Dynamic and exciting work environments
- Ability to be a part of a unique and diverse team
- Opportunity for professional growth
What your role will involve:
- Use of common hand tools, power tools
- Transporting equipment, tools, structural material and tower parts around the job site as needed
- The ability to navigate in a gas plant/oil refinery environment
- Monitoring and complying to safe work practices and process in place
- Operating equipment: Forklifts, Pickup Trucks;
- Maintain work area to ensure compliance with housekeeping, environmental and safety regulations.
- A basic knowledge related to P&ID’s or blueprints and be able to utilize them to identify and assemble internal tower equipment
- Assisting with tool and material inventory control
- Maintaining proper housekeeping throughout the project
- Confined space monitor responsible for the safety and documentation of workers inside of a confined space
- Basic knowledge of rigging practices, lifting and lowering tools and materials to work front
- Assisting others
- 6 months or more of industrial oil field experience. Experience related to pressure piping or vessel work is an asset
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed.
- Must have a “safety first” mindset and maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment.
- 6 months or more of forklift experience.
- Must be able to work cohesively as part of a team unit in a fast-paced work environment
- ESC Confined Space
- ESC Fall Protection
- ESC H2S Alive
- CSTS 20 OR CSTS 09’ and OSSA RSO, BSO, CSO
- Candidates must be able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may require up to twelve hours a day, seven days a week for extended durations.
- Candidates also must be able to work in confined spaces and be capable of climbing ladders, scaffolds and working at heights.
- Capable of working outdoors and in potentially extreme environmental conditions.
- Able to wear a full-face respirator for extended periods of time
- Able and willing to lift up to 50lbs
If you have the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants in advance, however advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.