Guardian Industries is a diversified global manufacturing company with leading positions in float glass and fabricated glass products for the commercial and residential construction industries. Through our Science & Technology Center, Guardian is at the forefront of innovation including development of high performance, energy-saving glass coatings and other advanced products. Guardian, our subsidiaries, and affiliates operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. (http://www.guardian.com/GuardianGlass)
Guardian’s North America Glass division is currently seeking an individual to fill the new position of Demand Planner. This position will be based at the North American Division headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan, and is a key position reporting directly to the Regional Demand Manager. We hire individuals who are highly self-motivated and energetic, ambitious and career-oriented, flexible, quietly confident and competitive through teams and able to lead through influence.
The Demand Planner creates and manages forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, customer service and other external industry resources.
The Demand Planner is the integration point into the sales and commercial organization. Basic forecast modeling is the responsibility of this position. This position leads the dialogue each month for their respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales and Marketing.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Reconcile variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and customer service to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning
- Create statistical forecasts in Kinaxis RapidResponse (Guardian’s Forecasting Tool) by gathering, analyzing and validating information to develop a consensus demand forecast
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience, glass experience a plus
- Proficiency in Excel – pivot tables, filters, charts, conditional formatting
- Capability to work with data and translate into high level analysis to drive business decision in connection with demand planning process
What Will Put You Ahead
- APICS Certification
- Experience with Kinaxis RapidReponse or other statistical forecasting tool
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com